Hi I am Barb Howard the 2018 – 2019 Americanism chairmen for Department President Susan Parrish’s “Peace for all Veterans” year. Please help make this Department be 100% reported for Susan’s year.
This program is my favorite because we educate the importance of patriotism.
Americanism is one of the easiest to participate and report in. Any one of these are reportable.
- Many holidays throughout the year that we participate in
- The Coloring Contest for 3, 4, and 5 year olds
- The Poster Contest for 1-3rd grade
- The Essay Contest for grades 4 and 5.
- Smart/Maher Citizenship Education Teacher Award
- Gold Star Mothers
- Family Freedom Festival
- Disaster Preparedness
- Missing Man Table demonstrations to schools and the community
- Distribution of flags and certificates for those in the community that fly their flags daily
- Our Patriotic Instructors, through the ritual, remind us of our duties as a patriotic veteran’s organization.
The National Ambassador, Patricia Leitner, has added Disaster Preparedness and Flags Across America. The Family Freedom Festival was added last year and is a great way to invite veteran families to a fun event and inform them of the workings of our organization.
Any questions or concern, please don’t hesitate to contact me. If I do not answer, please leave a message and I will get back as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
2018-2019 Department Americanism.Program
2018-2019 Department Americanism Report Form (click on online reporting above for online report)
2018-2019 National Americanism Program
2018-2019 National Americanism Ambsssador
2018-2019 Coloring Contest
Teacher of the Year Award Brochure